February 24, 2017
The beauty of opening your own vomFASS franchise shop is you have all of the advantages of independent ownership AND the advantage of having a supportive parent company watching your back. In addition to offering nationally designed promotional campaigns, global name recognition and corporate trouble-shooting, vomFASS is constantly on the lookout to enhance the product line. In just the last 6 months of 2016, vomFASS corporate introduced over 50 products and packaging options for their US franchisees.
Here is a comprehensive list of the new items available. Of course, no great product is created in a vacuum and at vomFASS that truism is expressed in the phrase “every product has a story.” We have included a couple of those stories.
- Fig mustard chutney
- Pear chutney
- Sweet onion mustard – chipotle
- Sweet onion mustard – garlic
- Sweet onion mustard – horseradish
- Sweet onion mustard – original
The sweet onion mustard story is one of wholesomeness and quality. These delightful vegan mustards are gluten and GMO free and are produced in southwest Washington using the states famous Walla Walla sweet onions. The mustards are made using a small batch process, ensuring that the highest quality is achieved. Each mustard begins with a creamy Dijon-style base which is then flavored with horseradish, roasted garlic, chipotle, or the original Walla Walla sweet onion. Three different types of ground mustards are used, each providing a different flavor profile and texture.
- Passion fruit balsamic vinegar
- Wild mango balsamic star vinegar
- Curry oil
- Pepita EVOO
- San Domenico EVOO
- Lino EVOO
- La Belle Orleans absinthe fountain
- Peugeot pepper mill with vomFASS logo
- Peugeot salt mill with vomFASS logo
- Asparagus risotto
- Pepita pizza crackers
- Pepita rosemary crackers
- Porcini risotto
- Sugo al Basilico
- Tomato olive risotto
Seeds & Spices:
- Absinthe sugar
- Aglio pepperoncino spice
- Arrabiata spice
- Tomato chili spice blend
- Wasabi pumpkin seeds
- Amrita Indian whisky
- Austrian whisky
- Barbados rum
- Belgian whisky
- Brandy old fashioned
- Cara Mia vodka
- Jamaican rum
- Spanish whisky
- Trinidad rum
Packaging: vomFASS introduced over 20 packaging and merchandising products to the line. Come to a store near you and check them out. A big shout out to vomFASS-The Woodlands for many of the beautiful product shots!
The more you know about a vomFASS franchise, the better it looks!
Toni Jakovec February 24, 2017
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, washed
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons vomFASS Lino extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 1 cup minced leeks (just the whites)
- 1 cup minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon vomFASS salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto
- If garnishing with prosciutto, preheat your oven to 350°F. Place prosciutto slices on a parchment lined sheet tray and bake for about ten minutes, or until crispy. Remove and let cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- Begin by cutting the woody ends from the asparagus, usually the bottom two inches. Place the vegetable stock on the stove and add the asparagus trimmings to infuse at a simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove asparagus bottoms with a slotted spoon and discard.
- In a medium, thick bottomed stock pot, cook the shallot, garlic and leek in the olive oil until soft; about three to five minutes. Chop the asparagus into half inch pieces and add to the pot. Add the reserved asparagus, salt and infused stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until asparagus is tender and stock is well infused.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender, slowly adding the cream and salt to taste. Pass through a fine strainer to remove any asparagus fibers.
- Serve hot in a bowl with a liberal drizzling of olive oil and the crispy prosciutto, crumbled on top.
Recipe may be doubled or tripled